Cats and Teeth Cleaning: Top Five Tips for brushing your Cat’s teeth.
1. Start Early - a kitten will be more open to the daily brushing than an older cat. But cats are smart and they love attention so even older cats can be trained to accept the brush.
2. Gauge Your Cat’s Mood Before You Begin – a playful cat is not a good candidate for tooth brushing! Wait until he is in a more relaxed mood.
3. Reward, Reward, Reward! – Cat’s respond to treats and grooming so include plenty of both in your brushing routine.
4. Stay Calm - even if you don’t think so, your cat senses your mood and responds to it, so if you are calm, your cat will be too.
5. Talk To Your Cat - Keep talking to your cat in a gentle soothing tone to keep in as calm and relaxed state as he can be.
Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Cats and Teeth Cleaning: Top Five Tips for brushing your Cat’s teeth..
TrackBack URL for this entry: